Tuesday 1 January 2013

I am sorry that I am a man: Shahrukh Khan


"I am so sorry that I am a part of this society and culture", and "I am so sorry that I am a man", Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan said on Saturday following the death of a 23-year-old trainee physiotherapist who was brutally gang-raped and tortured in the national capital.

"(1) We couldn't save you but what a big voice you have, you brave little girl. That voice is telling us that rape is not an aberration, not a mistake," Shahrukh Khan tweeted.

"(2) Rape embodies sexuality as our culture and society has defined it. I am so sorry that I am a part of this society and culture.

"(3) I am so sorry that I am a man. I promise I will fight with your voice. I will respect women so that I gain my daughter's respect," added Shahrukh Khan, father to two children - son Aryan, 15, and daughter Suhana, 12.

The victim, who was gang-raped by six men in a moving bus December 16, was flown to Singapore for treatment on Thursday and breathed her last early Saturday morning.

Heartfelt condolences pour in from Bollywood over the death of the Delhi gangrape victim. Sharing their grief on Twitter are the Bollywood celebs deeply saddened by the passing away of the braveheart who’s been given names like Damini, Amanat and Nirbhaya by the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment